- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues. International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Ortega Black Beans are the perfect complement to any meal, or as an ingredient in your favorite dish!
- They provide traditional flavors the whole family can love.
- A delicious addition to any meal
- Simple, tasty ingredients
- Mexican meals made easy
The 150 year Ortega tradition all started with Maria Conception Jacinta Dominguez Ortega, or as we like to call her, Mama. Mama Ortega. Mama's memorable cooking did more than just bring her family together. It was in Mama's kitchen that her 11th child, Emilio, established the Ortega Chile Packing Company. Emilio's fascination with chiles began when he moved to New Mexico in 1890. Here he encountered the state's popular big red chiles. When he returned home to California a few years later, he brought with him chile pepper seeds and many recipes for dishes he had grown to love while in New Mexico. Back home with his family at their adobe house in Ventura, California, Emilio planted the chile seeds. Those chiles grew extremely well in the temperature climate of Ventura. Soon Emilio had so many chiles he had to give them away. Everyone loved them! That's when he knew he had something special. In 2003, B&G Foods purchased the Ortega brand. Like Emilio Ortega, B&G Foods has a long tradition of commitment to quality. So today, when a family picks up a can of chiles or a box of taco shells, they know they are getting the very best. This web site has been created to continue the rich heritage of the Ortega family. By sharing our collection of delicious Mexican recipes, we hope to help you create fond memories of great meals shared with your family.